Micrologix 1100 Ethernet Comms with Controllogix

RichardsBay

Hi,

I'm am trying to get data across from a controllogix CPU to the Micrologix 1100. Has anyone managed to do this? I am having some trouble setting up a message instruction between the 2 CPUs.

Help please...

Thanks,
RB

Please post more information so that somebody has a chance of correcting your mistake or providing a hint rather than explaining every part of the configuration from the beginning.

Which controller will be sending the messages ? What configurations have you tried already ?

As Ken said, more information is needed to provide specific help. However, for starters, let me ask you if you have set up the PLC5/SLC mapping in the ControlLogix program. This is the most important step in setting up ethernet communications.

I have created a document that explains the entire process in complete detail. This website does not let me upload large files. If you send me your direct email, I could email that to you.

Purav