Memory Used Info

FSPT_Tech

Hello all!
Can someone help me find out where I can find out how much memory is being used on SLC 5/03 (16 MB). I'm adding some modifications to a piece of equipment that uses this type processor and I want to make sure I have enough memory left to add these additional functions. I'm sure I have plenty of space but I'm just curious where this information is found. Do I need to go online with the processor to find out how much is currently being used?
I have a copy of the program on my computer (as well as the modified program I want to replace it with). Can I find out how much memory each program is using with these copies?
Thanks for your help.

Yes. (see pic)
click on controller properties

memoryused.jpg

A quick bump to hopefully resolve a conundrum I've come across.

I am running out of memory on a 1747-L551/C and have decided to upgrade to a 553/C. I have the processor, but when I dump the old program to the new processor, it warns me that the processor type has changed (all good), and the dialog options include the "Resize Data Tables" Checkbox. If I keep it checked, I get the original 227 Instruction words left (the original reason for upgrading the processor). If I uncheck that box, I get some 49379 Instruction Words Left. Plenty of room.

My question is, does NOT resizing data tables create problems for the 553? Why upgrade if required data table resizing gets no increase in available memory?

After resizing, try to re-verify the project from the Edit menu, Verify Project or by clicking the Verify Project icon on the toolbar. This will recompile your program. Then check out your size.

On the re-sized data table file a verify file achieves nothing. The same tiny amount of remaining memory:

memusg3.jpg

Note the 64K memory and the no. of instruction words used.

Thats odd, because when I tried changing from a 551 to a 553 on a program it immediately reflected the change in memory, whether or not resize was clicked. The resize shouldn't affect anything as you are not involving any processor with fixed file sizes.

Yes, it is odd. If I go back and forth now, it gives me the higher number regardless also, but the first time it most definately did not, even after downloading to the processor (one sure way of doing a verification). The program in the processor reports next to no memory left, despite having what should be ample.

If I uncheck the resize box then download, it reports memory correctly, and with no ill effects that I can tell. But this is "in-office". I DO NOT want nasty surprises when I go to the field. I would like to know if there is any lingering ramification to not re-sizing data tables.

fredbear said:
I would like to know if there is any lingering ramification to not re-sizing data tables.

There shouldn't be. I think the resize option is only a concern when you are changing to a processor that has fixed data tables such as the ML1K or to a processor that doesn't support real numbers such as the ML1K and SLC5/01 5/02.

Well, thanks for the input. I guess it will not be a problem.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon when upgrading to a higher memory processor of the same family?