Crashing an S7315-2DP PLC without any diagnostics appearing in Buffer

Guys,

I'm new to your site, so hi to all. I have a situation where occasionally I want a a number of Siemens S7-300 PLCs to crash or stop. I dont want any errors/messages to appear in the Diagnostics buffer. Has anyone any suggestions????

William

Not quite sure why you'd want to do it but instead of stopping the processor why not just stop executing the code by means of jump instructions?

Nick

Can you specify what needs to happen in more detail.

E.g. is it a requirement that the CPU goes into stop mode or could you simply put a BEC controlled by a flag at the start of OB1 ? What should all the outputs do ?

The real reason is extra work by means of call-outs etc. If I can get the PLCs to stop or crash occasionally with no trace of why then I make exta cash.Simple!!! At least it used to be until a particular company hired an Automation guy who knows enough about S7 to prevent me from doing this..

Thanks

CountyLouthCowboys said:
The real reason is extra work by means of call-outs etc. If I can get the PLCs to stop or crash occasionally with no trace of why then I make exta cash.Simple!!! At least it used to be until a particular company hired an Automation guy who knows enough about S7 to prevent me from doing this..

Thanks

I've been waiting all day for a response to this and nothing!!

Personally, I would wire in a motor starter at 480V to the PLC power supply and trigger it at whatever time you think you might want to go to work. If you are lucky you can burn the whole plant down and have no end of overtime.

Your company probably hired an automation guy with S7 experience because you don't know wtf you are doing and will probably be fired for laziness and incompetance at some point anyway.

Career preview, "yes I would like fries with that, little ketchup too".

Or maybe I am wound up over a joke?

Hi,

First you call us: a bunch of american ****s, then you go with the classic: Answer me or else......

Think you somehow f'ed up on your carreer choice. Should've gone with either: Cop, bouncer, politician, cowboy?,.... they use the methods mentioned above to get their way.

Fine thing bout S7-300 when it goes to stop, it always leaves an entry on the diag buffer of where and when....

It seems you picked the wrong way to go m8. If ya made it work, and it kept working good, then word would've spread, you would've gotten more work. But as it seems, the companies u worked with think you're incompetent, can't make it work, so they hire another guy who apparently can make it work.

Sucks to be you right now doesn't it?

Jeebs

troll001.JPG

CountyLouthCowboys said:
OK guys. Thanks for nothing. Seems there is no S7 guys here. Just a bunch of american ****s who like playing with Allen Bradley toys...
Hmmm,
Didn't actually notice that any of our American cousins had actually posted a reply.

William, you'd be better off working for Microsoft...
their stuff does this sort of thing all the time!

Jeebs and Paulus. I know where you live. When I get you im going to rape your mother...Then im going to dig up your Grandfathers and make love to their skull..

Anyone else any suggestions on my problem????