Working with Omron Ethernet

Deep_arvind

We been struggling to get the things done but this Omron Ethernet is giving us such a pain.
Ok we have five of Omron PLCs(all on ethernet) varing from CV series....CS1 series...Cj1 series. the thing is that if we try to ping these PLCs from our LAB we can ping them , but if we change to some other location(say any other location other than lab, with different domain, and different ip address area)we cant ping these PLCs.
Say we have lab domain as (LAB) and the ip address is as 10.xx.yy.0 onwards. and the PLCs are having ip addresses as 10.91.54.a, 10.91.54.b,10.91.54.c.... and so on, our lab machines have same series of ip addresses like 10.91.54.XXX, but other locations in our office have different domain and different ipaddresses(say domain as "workingspace" and ip addresses starting from 10.91.55.0 to 10.91.55.255)

Now the big question is that we are able to ping the machines in lab from other locations and vice versa, but we are not able to ping these plcs from outside the Lab(from different domain)

Anyone faced this problem for Omron/Mitsubishi PLCs....any solution?
Our GE PLCS set up are fine as they have one additional field apart from ipaddress, subnet mask(omron have these two fildes ) which is gateway ip address , which seems to be absent in omron PLC's...

Any solution?

On the ethernet configurations screen " Conversion" i have selected combined, which means both Auto(dynamic/Static) and IP Address table will be used , and i have also added the IP addresses of those machines on other domain to IP address table but of no use. I'm still not able to ping my PLCs in the lab from other domain PC's

Hello Deep arvind,

Are these other PCs on a different subnet?
If so, (I believe) you can use the IP Router Table to specify a route through a switch.
It's been a while since actually doing this, so I'm a bit rusty I'm afraid.

It's probably a problem with the network routers. Check routing and firewalls on the network, which can easily block certain communications. Routers need to be configured to know how to get from one network to another, and when you change anything other than the last byte of the IP address, it's a different network, even if the cabling all connects together.

This is more of an IT issue than a PLC issue.

I am accessing Omron PLC's on site remotely with out a problem. What u need is a two routers to link 2 domains. Set one to 10.91.54.1 and the other to 10.91.55.1 for example

the IT department is saying that by putting the PLC on a seprate Vlan will work, i dont know what will happen , they are doing that for the time being.... lets see...
till then , hey Ranjith can you please explain a bit more, so that meanwhile i will try with what you said.

thanks in advance....

Pl have a look at the attached file. What I have is 2 NB5580 routers and ADSL on both ends. Two routers create a VPN tunnel between the two. But in your case you want to connect on to something within the same building. 2 routers should do the job.