Siemens TP270 Ethernet Capability

acargib

I have a number of TP 270 touch panels with No ethernet ports to connect into. I have heard that either a USB to Ethernet adapter or a CF card to Ethernet adapter can be used to allow ethernet connectability. I have been trying with an USB adapter but it asks for a driver to be installed. Has anyone managed to successfully carry this out and if so how can it be done. I have spoke to Siemens thech support who have not been much help all they will say is that it can be done. Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks

From the link:
"The Socket Rugged CF 10/100 card is not NE2000 compatible. NE2000 compatible drivers should function with this card after some small changes are implemented. These changes involve the initialization process and are limited in scope. Small differences exist in the NE2000 compatible register set but these do not affect general operation of the Rugged CF 10/100 card."

I would not waste my time with it. You dont have a chance to do anything.

acargib,

We have 13 OP270's running with the same Socketcom cards.

Only difference I could see between our parts and the one in your link would be the part nr.

Ours is 8510-00093(C), your link has 8510-00263.

Changes to be made looks like it should be made to the driver......

Too bad we don't have one of the recent versions...might've tested it...

Jeebs,
How old are the cards you have mentioned? Looking on the Socket website and searching for that part number is turning up no matches also will it be a factor that you are using OP's instead of TP's?
Thanks for the reply