s7-200 serial communication with flowmeter

It depends on the communications channel you use. Is it MPI or RS232? You didn't give us enough info for us to give you a clear answer.

Regards,

Sorry for that.. I use the same kind of port as the programming cable is using (RS485/PPI).. The flowmeter has a rs232 interface but on the way to the plc its converted to rs485.. I just have the schematics.. The plc is a S7-200 cpu224xp.

I hope someone understands what I mean feel free to ask otherwise

With this setup, you have to use the freeport mode. There's a good example to download at the Siemens site which just does what you need. You'll find it in the programming tips collection, but I don't recal what number it is.

Kind regards,

I did find two examples have been searching all day... Thank you for your time.. For anyone who wants to know it is tip 52 and tip 20....