Fix32 version 7.xx Pushbutton Control

SNK

Hey people, I am finishing a changenote on an existing system that uses the FIX32v7.xx, and I need to have the button on my screen be a MOMENTARY button. From what I am using so far, I am using the Script Editor and (Command Button) and can only achieve a "Toggle".
This is not practical for me in my PLC program, so I need the action to be a "Momentary" trigger, not a "Toggle".
The electronic books do not indicate any such animal. Am I missing something?
Please let me know if you understand my question properly,
Thanks....

I do two things:
First I write script as follows

CLOSEDIG FIX:TESTDI.A_CV
PAUSE 1
OPENDIG FIX:TESTDI.A_CV

I also clear, reset, unlatch ( depends on your PLC) the bit in my PLC, that was turned on by FIX after it is used. ( just to be sure its turned off)

SNK said:
Hey people, I am finishing a changenote on an existing system that uses the FIX32v7.xx, and I need to have the button on my screen be a MOMENTARY button. From what I am using so far, I am using the Script Editor and (Command Button) and can only achieve a "Toggle".
This is not practical for me in my PLC program, so I need the action to be a "Momentary" trigger, not a "Toggle".
The electronic books do not indicate any such animal. Am I missing something?
Please let me know if you understand my question properly,
Thanks....

I believe you can creat a script assigned to the push button, where ON ACTION DOWN, SETVAL the bit to 1,
then ON ACTION UP , SETVAL the bit to 0

Thats how I have momentary button on FIX32

Ian

So would this work?

TOGGLEDIG FIX:TESTDI.A_CV
SETVAL FIX:TESTDI.A_CV=1

Is ACTION DOWN in the script editor?

I am using the bit from the Fix to Latch into a state.
At the end of my state process, I DO-NOT want the Fix32 bit to be enabled still, because I unlatch my state bit with other operands.

Could one of you guys post your actual code for the momentary change? Mickey, Yours looks like it is a code snippet, can I use that other than just change the tag?

Last edited:
Use Mickey's example, I have several Fix 7.0 applications and that's exactly how I do it. Sometimes if you're communicating via serial, the you may have to increase the pause time.

SNK said:
So would this work?

TOGGLEDIG FIX:TESTDI.A_CV
SETVAL FIX:TESTDI.A_CV=1

Is ACTION DOWN in the script editor?

I am using the bit from the Fix to Latch into a state.
At the end of my state process, I DO-NOT want the Fix32 bit to be enabled still, because I unlatch my state bit with other operands.

Could one of you guys post your actual code for the momentary change? Mickey, Yours looks like it is a code snippet, can I use that other than just change the tag?

Yes, just change Node and tag. Also pause time to suit your application, as Ken pointed out.

Last edited:
Fix dynamo sets

We're running iFix 3.5, but started out with Fix 6.xx on one of our older apps and then migrated it up to iFix.

Anyway, look in your Dynamo sets (.fds files) for one called "momentar.fds". It should have been put there when you did your install--if not, look at their website it may be there as a free download.

In this set you will find several momentary push button templates. Drag and drop one on your desktop and then edit the script to send a 0/1 to your device. They also make one with a keypad (handy) and some other animated vessels.