Converting an Old Program

SeanLee

I have a GE 90-30 that has LM90 on it. I dont have LM90 so was wondering if i can convert the LM90 to Cimplicity.

Thank You

If you have Cimplicity you should be able to get the program BUT it will not be documented. If the firmware of the 90-30 is an older version you could have issues if making changes with Cimplicity, it was about $100 to get the upgrade chips. If Steve or Russ see this they may link you to the information on this issue.

You can also get LM90 from the GE site but I do not have the link handy on this computer.

Do you have a backup copy of the program? If so, you can inport it into Proficy Machine Edition. If not, you can upload from the PLC to Proficy Machine Edition, but, as Ron noted, you will not have any rung comments or variable names.

Depending on the revision level of the firmware in your CPU, there may be issues about running a program saved under Proficy Machine Edition. Proficy Machine Edition Help files include a reference to suitable firmware levels for each CPU model. If you need to upgrade firmware, with some CPU models, you can download the upgrade from the GE Fanuc website. For others, you need to purchase a new EPROM chip.

This program was last saved with a very old version of LM90. It will need to be opened and then saved with a newer version of LM90 before it can be Imported into Proficy ME. You can zip up the files and post here and someone who has a new version of LM90 may be able to update it for you. If you try this be sure to get all the files and make the zip file name EXACTLY the same as the LM90 folder, as it is important to know this name.

Yea, I wont be able to post the program. If my company found out i would be fired no questions asked. But thank you. I will have to try and find a copy LM90.

Given that the program was saved with an old version of Logicmaster, there's a good chance that the CPU is at an equally old revision level. In that case you may need to upgrade it before downloading a program from Proficy.

I suggest you contact your local GE Fanuc distributor. Perhaps you can get someone to pay you a visit and help bring you up to date.