slc150 3 faulted processors...can't clear

rllabat

I have 3 faulted processors and 3 1745-ppc (comm boxes). I cant communicate to clear the fault. I am running Windows 2000...I am changing baud rates and saving..the hitting f1 "read" the SLC but it still will not work..not response. I call AB they say it wont work with non - dos machine???

The 1745 series controllers predate Windows 2000 by fifteen years.

I've heard of some users successfully running the PCIS software under Windows. You will probably need a built-in RS232 serial port, and be sure that nothing else (like RSLinx Classic or RSLinx Enterprise) is trying to use that serial port at the same time.

Did all three of these controllers just fault at the same time, or are you trying to resuscitate some scrapped controllers ?

A couple months I tried to connect to a SLC150 with an old laptop that had Windows98SE, That did not work. I either had to boot up into DOS or made a DOS boot disk to make it work. Running a DOS window in W98 did not work either.

slc150 with windows 2000

I have read here that users have been able to talk using Windows 2000. I have an HP with a built in serial port...I have used Windows 2000 with Vintage 1970's Modicon 484 plcs (Taylor Software), Square D plcs (Sy-max plus)400 and 600 series.

Offshore in the Gulf of Mexico these SLC150 are as common as fries at Mickey D's! Mostly installed by Shell Exploration and Production.

I have 1 unit offshore in service that is faulted...I have 2 old spares both are faulted.

Last edited:
I Got It!!!

I made a boot disk Windows 95. (downloaded from the internet). Then added the Slc150 program to it (disk). Changed my machine to boot up on disk then harddrive. My disk drive is a USB drive...it worked! The laptop i am using is HP Compaq nc6220 (1 year old).

I printed my working file to the disk and printed the text file in MS Word afterwards.

AB tech support sucks! They should have recommended this.

rllabat said:
I made a boot disk Windows 95. (downloaded from the internet). Then added the Slc150 program to it (disk). Changed my machine to boot up on disk then harddrive. My disk drive is a USB drive...it worked! The laptop i am using is HP Compaq nc6220 (1 year old).

I printed my working file to the disk and printed the text file in MS Word afterwards.

AB tech support sucks! They should have recommended this.

Not sure what the rant about AB is about? They told you to go DOS and you did. You did exactly what they told you to do.

instead of the negitive view.......

" no this is old equipment - all windows programs takes control of the comm port - where the 150 program needs direct access to it". " I am sorry"

should have said - a positive view.....
"are you filimar with dos?" "even though you have a new computer you can make a boot disk from the internet and go that route. and it may work"

They did not want to get into the explination of DOS and boot up......
but they wanted to kill the conversation as fast as possible .

THANKS AJZ......I was thinking it was the fault that was maybe courpputing the comms and by shorting "xzy" (example) on the battery terminal (example) would clear the fault.

Last edited: