VFD Speed Setpont via PID loop problem

TimD

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, I have AB PowerFlex 400 drives set up on DeviceNet. I use MOV blocks to sent an int value of 0-60 to my drive and the drive happily responds, etc.

Now I set up a PID loop. I have covered all the bases (AI scaling, setup) and in AUTO, the loop responds the way I want it to, by moving the drive speed up/down in proportion to SP.

Only problem is, my drive does not react.

The output of the PID block sends 0-16733 and I am using two (I am sending information to two drives in 'sync') so I put two SCP blocks and scaled my out to 30-60hz. the out of the scaling block writes to O:4.5 and O:4.9 just like my old MOV code did.

The drives start at 30Hz and stay there, even though the out of the scaling block is writing 50 or so Hz to the drive input.

Anyone have any suggestions? Please and Thanks.

tim