Profibus DP to Compact Logix

Money4Nothing

I have 3 VFD drives that can only communicate Profibus DP, and I want to control them with a AB Compact Logix controller. I can't find a Profibus DP master that can talk to AB DF-1 or Ethernet I/P on a Compact Logix. I don't want to have to upgrade to Control Logix just to solve this communication problem. Any suggestions on a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

$

HI, YOU MUST LOOKING FOR PROSOFT PROFIBUS MODULES, THEY MADE A GREAT VARIETY OF THEM FOR AB, IM SURE THEY HAVE A PROFIBUS DP MASTER MODULE FOR COMPACTLOGIX. BUT YOU HAVE TO ADD THE PROFIBUS DP MASTER TO YOUR HARDWARE NOT VIA AB-DF1 OR ETHERNET, IF YOU WANT TO TRANSFORM PROFIBUS TO ETHERNET OR PROFIBUS TO SERIAL, YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR A GATEWAY, WOODHEAD HAS SOMEONES.
CHECK THIS PAGE : http://www.prolinxgateways.com/mvi69_pdpmv1

OR CHECK THIS http://www.woodhead.com/products/automation/gateways/#5816
TAKE IT EASY MAN
JEJEJE

Hilsher

If you decide to go back to Profibus, Hilsher makes a Profibus DP master (and slave) card for the compactlogix/micrologix 1500 series PLCs. They are pretty easy to configure and work well.