RSLogix startup switches

DaveW

Does anyone know if there's any startup switches for RSLogix 5000, 500, and 5 that will allow me to open a file and go immediately online? I know with RSLogix5000, there's a language switch (RSLogix5000Loader.exe" -Language=English) so I was hoping for something simialiar for online.

The terms "arguement(s)" or "parameter(s)" might help you. I did a few Google searches and couldn't come up with anything.

I just tried this with Logix5K so I know it works at leass with that. After that language switch enter a space followed by desired path and filename in quotation marks.

For example:

RSLogix5000Loader.exe" -Language=English "C:\Data\PLC Programs\Test_Program.ACD"

On my machine that starts Logix5K and launches the desired program.

Keith

kamenges said:
I just tried this with Logix5K so I know it works at leass with that. After that language switch enter a space followed by desired path and filename in quotation marks.

For example:

RSLogix5000Loader.exe" -Language=English "C:\Data\PLC Programs\Test_Program.ACD"

On my machine that starts Logix5K and launches the desired program.

Keith

But does it also go online?

If RSLinx is setup as a server shouln't it auto go online when a file is opened, assuming the proper driver is configured?

I need to read a little more closely. I don't know if there is a switch to force online connection across the project path.

Ron, Logix5K won't try to automatically connect when you normally launch it. You need to trigger the connection manually.

Keith

I do not have RSL5K or 5, just 500. I connected to an old L40D that I have never gotten to work with my desktop and a PIC until NOW.

I can not see any way to get it to go online automatically. I think the issue is that you can have multiple drivers installed through RSLinx; which means you have to open a file then click "Go Online".

RSlinx and the driver should auto detect the processor if connected and allow you to go online. As many of you know, the PIC driver can take over a serial port, so have to be careful when configuring it and uncheck the "Reserve com port".

Will keep on looking though.