InView P22R Not Working

dbrsystems

Hello all,

I have a 2706-P22R that is giving me a fit; it is a serial unit. We have it connected via a Nul-Modem cable to Ch0 of a 1769-L32E. I can use the cable to download and trigger messages from my Laptop, so, I'm assuming the cable is OK and the InView is configured properly.

I'm trying to use an AWT to send the "^V" string to insert a variable in to my message. I have the messages setup to receive 4 variables 0, 1, 2, 3.

When the AWT triggers, it finishes with no errors; DONE bit, No ERROR. But, no variable data on InView.

Here are a couple of shots.

inview_awt.jpg

inview_dt.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

Leo

Last edited:
I bet you spoke with a guy at roden electric I had a p22r give me a fit this week also, mine is working over ethernet I found the most help in the rockwell knowledge base and it had several articles about the inview display over serial comm. I sent my message by building the logic using an concat instruction and finally building a ascii string of $14 msg number $R and then copying the finally string into a sint array. Make sure your inview comm software is configured right and that the message trigger tag and the message data tags are correct. I am using mine with controllogix 5000.

$14, $16, & $r are the trick!!!

Thanks,

Changing the ^T to $14 and the ^V to $16 and the ^M to $r did the trick. Everything else was fine; I called RA Tech Support and they immediately told me that ControlLogix/CompactLogix processors need the $14, $16, $r as the head and trail of the string.

FYI: I had to send 4 variables to the InView: GRADE - "FAS", "FIF", "1COM", "2COM", "3COM"; LENGTH - REAL; WIDTH - REAL; THICKNESS - REAL

I struggled with converting these numbers off and on for about an hour, then it hit me; I would send them all as strings to the InView.

I formated my messages
InViewMSG[0] = $16"FAS"\0\1$r
InViewMSG[1] = $16"16.0"\0\1$r
InViewMSG[2] = $16"6.25"\0\1$r
InViewMSG[3] = $16"1.25"\0\1$r

Then I used a RTOS to get my numbers converted to Strings then I used COP instruction to copy my values into the above strings starting at InViewMSG[1].data[2] with a Length of 4; works like a charm.

I fire the AWT instructions continuously with triggers on first then Trigger next three with XIC DN of previous.

Works great!

Thanks to all; this is a great site and great resource. I hope I can help more in the future.

LeoK