injection molding machine programer

luckmarr

Hi first post here,

I have a van dorn injection molding machine that has lost its program. The plc is a Fanuc series 90-30 and the monitor is a Cutler Hamer pannel mate power series. I can get the software for the plc and monitor. Most in puts and out puts are labeled. If any one can help me with a program please e mail me at [email protected]

Thank you,
Kurt

Welcome to the forum!... :site:

Lost the program? Isn't there an EPROM installed?... :unsure:

I was in injection molding for 13 years, and we had 40+ VanDorns. The older ones had their proprietary control system (or LOTS of relays), while the newer ones used Siemens processors. The programs were ALWAYS stored on EPROMs. I highly doubt the 90-30s don't have EPROMs.

It's really not worth designing a program from scratch when there's already a program written for it. Contact VanDorn with the machine's serial number and they will be able to dig up the original program for you. One thing VanDorn does well is keep excellent records!... :nodi:

🍻

-Eric

Eric,

Other PLC brands with eproms that I have been exposed to have ALL had some procedure to reload the EPROM into the RAM. Is it possible that the OP may be able to do the same? Maybe he HAS a perfectly good program on the chip and just needs to transfer it to the ram?

Stationmaster

Thanks guys...

I was told there was no eprom on this particular set up. I was told the newer versions of the same controller had the eprom chip on the main board. We have the software called VERSA PRO and it said all files were empty. As far as Van Dorn goes this press had the last of the SCI controllers and it failed....This controller was put on at American Plastic Toys down south. They never left any info any place on the machine. Mike Palmer from Van Dorn new the peole from American Plastic Toys and they have all moved on...
I would like to find out for sure if there is for sure a EPROM or not. The thing that bothers me the most is the machines power was off for at least 5 days when we bought it....I put a new battery in it shortly after it was under power .. we had a power outage that lasted 12 or so hours and now no program is left...
somthing dosent seem rite...

Thanks Kurt

hello

i have the same problem, no program. but i did not know how to programing again, how to reload the program?, what wires to hook up to the control, what software?. can you help meÂż

best regards

We might be able to help you, but we need to know a whole lot more about your system.

Do you have a backup copy of the program?
What is the PLC?