Moller PLC UPload

osamamalhy

Hi
Iam new with moller PLC ,normly using Siemens
I have aproject with a S4-201_MM1 PLC i like to make upload to the existing program to do some changes
kindly advice

o_O Unfortunately you cannot upload the program out of the controller. This was viewed as a safety/copy protection scheme from Moeller.

To be able to go online with the PLC you have to have a matching copy of the program on your computer.

Using a Memory card, you can copy the program from one PLC to another and have a backup copy on the memory card but you cannot re-create it in the PC to view or edit it.

There was someone here at PLCS.Net that claimed they could un-compile the program but they wanted money to do this and I have never explored this option. I suspect it would result in an un-commented Instruction List program.

So , is that means that no way to do changing in the application program since i dont have the orignal application program

Your option is to find and pay someone to un-compile the program or to re-write the entire program or add an additional controller that intercepts the signals you want to use in your change but this can be tricky if you don't know the code in the original program.

if it is a simple machine, re-programming from scratch might be the quickest and most fun. :whistle:

I am familiar with Moeller becouse I worked on GANC cranes with this tip of PLC . You must have Moeller software Sucosoft 5.02 and then with RS 232 Serial port and suitable kabl you be able to copy program from PLC on your computer and make shanges online . You have to go to Moeller site and begging for software .Good luck !