Twido ethernet installation.

plcsoftvsd

Hi Gurus,

I have a PLC set up for monitoring and controlling humidity in a house using temperature inputs and humidity sensor.

I have used TWD..CA40DRF and few analog input cards for this purpose.

Now, ultimately the plan is to have 60 houses of this type interlinked to each other ( They are within a diameter 3 km) using ethernet cable.

Since tempertaure settings have to be monitored/changed on day to day basis, i would all the variable parameters to be visible on one central PC and in all house fans need to be put OFF/ON from that central location.

Now, if cost is not a constraint what is the best way to achieve this.. using ethernet cable or RTU/GSM, or any other way.

All ideas are appreciated..

Well, standard ethernet cable is not going to be an option because of the distance, unless you have a lot of switches. I would have to say the most reliable would be fiber from each house, but that could be pricey and maybe not feasible at all. We have customers that use radios with good results. Each station's yagi aentenna is pointed at an aentenna on the community's water tower, then fiber to the base station. I think the max distance they get is 8km, but I don't know the model of radio they are using because it is provided by a different company.

Fiber if money isn't an issue. Depending on the physical layout you should be able to use repeaters or ethernet/fibre bridges between the long segments and ethernet otherwise.