recieving ascii ch0 in a micro 1100

potch

Hello all! I have a micro 1100 and am trying to recieve a string from a cognex dataman barcode reader. I am not very familar with the ascii instructions and can't seem to recieve the string. Can anybody help?? Thanks

Cognex

Welcome to the forum.

You may get a quicker reply involving a cognex product over at mrplc.com.

Bob, Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think that the problem is with the dataman, I'm not real sure what the best instructions would be to use wether I should use ARD or the ARL. I'm not sure of the proper procedure for clearing the buffer either. The communications are setup for the same baud rate and parity. The string is 8 digits.

a little more info

My baud rates and parity are identical. If I hook the dataman up to my laptop in hyperterminal I can see the string. I am using the default termination characters in the plc which are \d for term 1 and \ff for term 2. My dataman I have setup to send the string and a carriage return. Not real sure this could be my problem. Have tried ard, arl, and test for string and nothing is found.

I am now recieving an (OEh) error on my ARD. Does anyone know what this error code is?? I couldn't find it when I tried to look it up.

Thanks

I am now recieving an (OEh) error on my ARD. Does anyone know what this error code is?? I couldn't find it when I tried to look it up.

Thanks

potch said:

Thanks

From the help files...

0E The ACL instruction was aborted.No action required.
Rockwell Software 2000

error111.JPG