Help with tracking

Chance85

Hello

Could someone tell me if you can use more than 1 shift register with a Mitsubishi FX1s plc and GX developer.

The following is what I’m trying to accomplish.

I have a long conveyor with fixed chain pin spaces. There are multiple inserting stations upstream (there can be up to 32 stations in use at one time). These inserting stations feed different products onto the conveyor. I need to track each station down the line and fire an output for certain feeds. Example: if station 1 feeds, then I need to fire an output at a certain distance down the line, if station 2 feeds I don’t need to fire the output , if 3 and 4 feed I need the output to fire…

I can track one station with a shift register, but when I try to set up another register it counts down by 2. I have the manual and have read up on this but it doesn’t say anything about multiple shift registers

Is there a different way of going about this?

I am not a programmer by trade, just a Technician, so excuse my lack of knowledge in this area.

Any help would be appreciated

Do not track the station. Track the commands originated from the station.

Ex:

When insert from S#1 means X at station#25
Insert the value 25 in the array.
When Station#25 "sees" this value. Bingo!

The overall logic is to insert "futur" actions in the entrance register. This register shifts.

What is in Reg.1 moves to Reg.2,...,Reg(last)

So insert the command where the parts go IN.

This is a "unidimensional" array.

After you have "played" with it you will find ways to go into bi-dimensional arrays.

You can then "TAG" the entrance register with the product's recipe. This will be a binary value with every single bit in relation with action.

1000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0001

In this 32 bit reg. the 1 at the right would mean that the product entered from the station 1, the 1 at the left means that station 32 has some action to perform.

Move the register value from say Reg # 101 to 132 every times the chain advances to these stations.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply

Still a little confused on how to get it into program from (limited knowledge with Mitsubishi products) I will keep working with it though.

again thanks for the reply