plc international certificate

unclehamid

I 'd like to know that is there any international certificate for plc,industrial network .. (espically non amarican ones like siemens,mitsubishi,... becouse we are under usa sanction unfourtunatly!!!🤞🏻 )

a certificate that show your capable man for working with plc

if you know more othere certification I would be glad to know that

Does anyone take these seriously (no offense intended)?

dchartier said:
Hello Unclehamid;

Have you looked at ISA certification?
http://www.isa.org/Template.cfm?Section=Control_Systems_Engineer_License&Template=/Content/ContentGroups/Navigation_Multi-Use_Content/CSE_Registration.htm
They offer many levels of certification, from CAP (Control Automation Professional) to CSE (Control Systems Engineer). The certfications cover more than ability with PLCs, but it is part of the curriculum.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

... and the 'A' in ISA stands for what exactly?
This in response to a question where UncleHamid has explained his Iranian location puts him under a US sanction. My guess is that US certificates won't make any difference to his problem, even if, regardless of SurferB's view, the US population themselves were to take them seriously.

Ken

Association? Automation? I'm not sure...I couldn't find the acronym on isa.org, google, or wikipedia. They consider themselves to be international.

I had always guessed that it stood for Industrial Standards Association.

Maybe International Standards for Automation...

About ISA

Founded in 1945, ISA (www.isa.org) is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts the largest conference and exhibition for automation professionals in the Western Hemisphere. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation (www.automationfederation.org).

Ken M said:
... and the 'A' in ISA stands for what exactly?
This in response to a question where UncleHamid has explained his Iranian location puts him under a US sanction. My guess is that US certificates won't make any difference to his problem, even if, regardless of SurferB's view, the US population themselves were to take them seriously.

Ken

Last edited:
unclehamid said:
I 'd like to know that is there any international certificate for plc,industrial network .. (espically non amarican ones like siemens,mitsubishi,... becouse we are under usa sanction unfourtunatly!!!🤞🏻 )
Hello unclehamid,
As far as I'm aware, there is no one particular piece of paper that you can wave in the air that will say that you are a PLC / Controls engineer - unless you have a resume that shows that you've been doing this for the last 30 or so years ;) .
Having said that, all of the major PLC manufacturers offer training on their systems.
On completion of a course, you will usually obtain a certificate which will show people that you can use a certain brand of PLC.
What this will not demonstrate however, is your ability to use that PLC in a real-world situation.
Can you clarify...
Are you already a Controls / PLC engineer looking for certification?
Do you want to become a controls / PLC engineer?
What would you want an international 'certificate' for?
Are you looking to study controls engineering?
What would you do if you had a certificate?

surferb said:
Association? Automation? I'm not sure...I couldn't find the acronym on isa.org, google, or wikipedia. They consider themselves to be international.

I had always guessed that it stood for Industrial Standards Association.

Maybe International Standards for Automation...

When I joined a couple of decades ago ISA was The Instrument Society of America. But things change seven years ago:
"Recognizing ISA’s international reach and the fact that its technical scope had grown beyond instruments, in the fall of 2000, the ISA Council of Society Delegates approved a legal name change to ISA--The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society. Today, ISA's corporate branding strategy focuses exclusively on the highly recognizable letters, though ISA's official, legal name remains the same." (from the ISA web site)

I think 'Paulus' is on point.
It really depends on where you are going to be doing your work. Or how "snowed" your employer can be with certificates. Not all HR types understand the difference between a piece of paper and work experience.

Ooops, the ISA changed their name, but not their initials, seven years ago? Just goes to show how out of touch I am! Makes my post seem just a little bit irrelevant.
D*mn you, ISA!

Ken
:oops:

lol - you were correct. I asked my co-worker and he explained the same thing. ISA: Used to stand for Instrumentation Society of America, now it stands for something like Instrumentation, Standards, and Automation.

Their web site seems to deliberately omit it.

Ken M said:
Ooops, the ISA changed their name, but not their initials, seven years ago? Just goes to show how out of touch I am! Makes my post seem just a little bit irrelevant.
D*mn you, ISA!

Ken
:oops:

From their ISA HISTORY page

SA officially was born as the Instrument Society of America on 28 April 1945, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. The Society grew out of the desire of 18 local instrument societies to form a national organization. It was the brainchild of Richard Rimbach of the Instruments Publishing Company. Rimbach is recognized as the founder of ISA.

Recognizing ISA’s international reach and the fact that its technical scope had grown beyond instruments, in the fall of 2000, the ISA Council of Society Delegates approved a legal name change to ISA--The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society. Today, ISA's corporate branding strategy focuses exclusively on the highly recognizable letters, though ISA's official, legal name remains the same.

Hello guys;
I was reading Jim Pinto's last posting (http://www.jimpinto.com/enews/sep25-2007.html#3)

and thought this might add a new light on the subject of ISA:
The original name was reflected in membership (about 29,000 total) being overwhelmingly American - 65% in the US, 10% in Canada. To be a successful global organization, the membership percentages should be the inverse of the current ratio, about 75 % from outside North America. If one makes the reasonable assumption that domestic membership has stabilized, then international membership should generate growth of at least 300%, to well over 100,000 members.

Next week, at ISA Expo 2007 in Houston, society delegates will vote to change ISA's name to International Society of Automation, reflecting the two important differences in focus: "International" and "Automation". I heartily recommend this change

Regards,
Daniel Chartier

P.S. Hope you enjoy his Wireless Quadrille poem as much as I did!
D.C.

paulus asked me about my motivation to get a certificate

I am electronic student I'd like to know more in control engineering maybe I will study in this field(for MS)

I want to know more I also alittle bit familiar with LG,
s7 and keyence plc (I did some small project with them)
but you know MCSE degree is international certicate in computer
network I want to know what certification we have in plc and industrial network (in your countery howw do you estimate others knowldge)and if you were a boss in automation company who would you employ
thank you