Vijeo Software.

Bytesize

Can anyone point me in the right direction (resources)

for learning how to use Vijeo Software? You know....like a Vijeo for dummies.

My project is to convert our Panel View32 code to be used in Vijeo.

Thanks in advance.

If you know one, it's not too difficult to learn the other. There are differences, of course. What type of application is it? Is there complex scripting or anything else out of the ordinary?

There is a Vijeo tutorial .pdf file somewhere, but I would say using the help file when you get stuck is probably quicker. And of course there's this wonderful forum :geek:

Do a search for document # 35007035 03 12/2005 on the square D or telemechanique web sites for the tutorial.

jedft said:
If you know one, it's not too difficult to learn the other. There are differences, of course. What type of application is it? Is there complex scripting or anything else out of the ordinary?

There is a Vijeo tutorial .pdf file somewhere, but I would say using the help file when you get stuck is probably quicker. And of course there's this wonderful forum :geek:

Do a search for document # 35007035 03 12/2005 on the square D or telemechanique web sites for the tutorial.

Thanks…I am new to everything PLC related. I know the basics on how everything works together but I have not had a chance to really dive into PB32 but just looking at what my boss has programmed into it, it makes sense…but learning the Vijeo terminology and how it correlates with what PB32 is frustrating. So I was hoping to locate a site or some resources that may do a step by step process easier to navigate through then the Help section. I think I will be living in the forums here for a while...its already been an amazing resource for me.

Just remeber, specific questions get answered... Vague questions get more questions.

Someting I didn't ask earlier. Are you working with Vijeo Designer (HMI software) or Vijeo Look (SCADA software)? What HMI are you using? What specifially are you having problems converting?

jedft said:
Just remeber, specific questions get answered... Vague questions get more questions.

Someting I didn't ask earlier. Are you working with Vijeo Designer (HMI software) or Vijeo Look (SCADA software)? What HMI are you using? What specifially are you having problems converting?

We are using Vijeo Designer HMI sofware 4.5

The link that Jon R sent me is exactly what I was looking for in my original post...just some resources that better explain how Vijeo works and explains in detail then having to navigate as much through Vijeo Help files. Im getting there and really appreciate everyones input.

I just got done doing my first project in Vijeo Designer. It wasn't great but the software was ok. I'm sure you've gotten a pretty good grasp on it at this point, but I thought you might like this...

I figured out how to use SVN version control with Vijeo Designer and it was very helpful anytime the software crashed and killed my project or I decided that I needed to revert to an older copy. There is a blog that outlines the whole procedure here: Vijeo Designer with Tortoise SVN.