Simatic TP177 Micro Control

ABTech

Hi all.

I am using a TP177 Micro and would like to know if there is anyway in which I can change the current active screen from the PLC.
I am used to using Mitsubishi (Beijer) and also Proface HMI and in these I am able to assign a memory location that I can write an integer number to for the current screen to change.
I can also look at another location on these screens for the current screen number.
I am using WinCC Flexible 2005 Advanced and cannot find any information on a function like this. The screen is connectd to a S7-200 PLC.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan Davies

Hi,

Yes you can change the current screen from the PLC.
How to do this:
Create tag pointing to memory location of your choice.
For this tag in the properties window > Events > Change value > Select: ActivateScreenByNumber > For Screen number you enter the current Tagname.
Asquisition mode should be set to: Cyclic continuous.

Result: When you write integer to tag, then HMI will active screen with corresponding number. If you write a number to tag and no screen exists with that number, it won't change (or at least it didin't when I last tried it)

If the PLC needs to know the current screen number, this can be done also.
Go to Communication > Connections > Select tab Area pointer. Third line you should see in second colomn 'Screen number'. Now select the connection and the memory location where the HMI should write the screen number. NOTE: This is a 5 word array, it will write 10 bytes, starting from the memory location you defined. If you defined VW0, then VW2 will contain the actual integer screen number.

hope this helps.....

Jeebs

The Actual screen number function is not available on the TP177Micro. Your best work around is to NOT USE Goto Screen function ANYWHERE. Use the Tag example shown and change screen based on changed ScreenNumber pointer. Then all Screen Navigation buttons simple change ScreenNumber = New_Value.

Example you want to go to screen #10
Write 10 in PLC or HMI to ScreenNumber and panel will see new value and goto it.

Nick