Siemens Connection Panel-PLC

juanmdx

Hi everyone,

I'm going to communicate a Siemens Panel (TP 270 10" touch) with a Siemens PLC (S5 135U CPU928B).

The thing is that I knew that the TP270 could only communicate via RS232 so I needed some adaptors (because the PLC has TTY communication).

But while making the proyect on WinCC Flex, it says that the TP 270 can handle TTY communication.

Does anybodie knows how can I communicate them?, because I currently don't have the panel and I need to ask everything to the Purchase Department and I don't want to make any mistakes and buy something I won't use.

Hope you can help me.

Juan

juanmdx said:
Hi everyone,

I'm going to communicate a Siemens Panel (TP 270 10" touch) with a Siemens PLC (S5 135U CPU928B).

The thing is that I knew that the TP270 could only communicate via RS232 so I needed some adaptors (because the PLC has TTY communication).

But while making the proyect on WinCC Flex, it says that the TP 270 can handle TTY communication.

Does anybodie knows how can I communicate them?, because I currently don't have the panel and I need to ask everything to the Purchase Department and I don't want to make any mistakes and buy something I won't use.

Hope you can help me.

Juan

According to the TP/MP270 manual, TTY is not a standard interface

tp270_comms.jpg

OK, so I assume I need a RS232/TTY converter, and the WinCC Flex stands that the communication is via TTY because it is the only one that the panel support, but that doesn't mean that the panel can handle it.

Thanks.

Juan

Hi,

Anyone knows how are the ends of the 6ES5 734 1BD20 Siemens cable (RS232/TTY converter)??, if its ends are male or female???

Thanks

Juan

Hi there, thanks.

One more question, I'm more used to work with MP rather than TP Siemens panels, but in this case I'll use a TP because my local siemens told me the MP can't handle the configuration with the PLC I want to communicate.

But If I'll be using a TTY/RS232 converter, can I use a RS422/RS232 converter on the side of the MP and stablish communication between the PLC S5 135U CPU928B and the MultiPanel, or is there something I'm not considering that only allows me to use a TP Siemens Panel??.

Juan

The thing is that the latest generation (x177 or x277) does not support TTY/AS511 at all. The previous did (x170 or x270).
That you suggest an RS422/RS232 converter seems to indicate that you are talking about an MP277 or similar as this one no longer has an RS232 port.
If you try to create a project with an MP277, you can see that you cannot select AS511 protocol. So it is simply not possible.

Bottom line is this:
If you have a plant with S5 equipment, have all the possible spares needed on stock AND immediately start a migration plan to something newer.