RSLogix500 Descriptions

Tharon

Is there a way to export descriptions from one project and import them into another with RSLogix 500?

I have an old version of a program with many descriptions, and a new version that was freshly uploaded from the processor in question that has changes, but everything from the original is unchanged (just lots of new stuff).

Well, here I was trying to open menus by right clicking on the database files in the tree on the left hand side (I think I did that with RSLogix5000 before).

Turns out it was under the tools menu the whole time...

Silly me...

As a matter of interest you could have used the old program (with descriptions) to upload and merge the new code with it from the PLC. This would then contain all the code (new and old) with descriptions, except no descriptions for new code obviously.

I am not sure my answer is the solution you need
Try it!
To Export Description
In RSLogix500, at the Tools menu,
Tools>Database>ASCII Export, "The Documentation Database ASCII Export" will pop up, then click "OK" Button, Select the path of destination, Press "OK". The program will export file *.EAS, *.EIC, *.ERP, *.ESG, *.NAM to the Destination path

To Import Description
Tools>Database>ASCII Import, "The ASCII Import Direcives" will pop up, then Click "OK", Select *.EAS files then click "Open"
Do the same *.EAS with *.EIC, *.ERP, *.ESG, *.NAM , then finish

Last edited:
Excel

Not very experienced with 500, but i recently expanded a 500 project and found the "edit vith excel" function really helpful
Especially when creating new tags