AB Logix Convert ASCII To Decimal

Wilks4492

I am using a ControlLogix processor to serially readback data from a QuickSilver servo drive. The ASCII response I get back is as follows:

# 01 000C FFFF D41F$r

The portion of the response data I am interested in is FFFF D41F. The issue is that this response is a negative number representing a move position (-11233). Is there an easy way to convert this data? I know STOD to DINT works for data that does not contain the Hex character A-F and I have a conversion routine that works great for data that does not contain a negative response. Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Wilks

Nothing built in, but if using version 16+, you can roll your own using structured text as an Add-On-Instruction.

Otherwise, you are just going to have to do it manually in a subroutine.