OT - Inspection Window

Brian123

Hi all,

This is a little off-topic, but I am looking for an inspection window kit that one would install on a panel. Something that would mount in a round knock-out would be great. I have looked on Google, but all I can find are IR inspection windows. This is in the right direction, but not what I need. I just need to visually inspect for blown fuses (indicator lights on fuse blocks) and possibly PLC I/O status without opening the panel.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian
IF it is just for visual verification of fuses
AND they are low power (as judged by arc flash reqs)
AND you do not have to meet a bunch of codes for the window

Use 3/8 or 1/2 lexan or a small sheet of car window glass lamination will prevent shattering.

Dan Bentler

I am probably not understanding your question properly because I don't know what IR inspection windows are or why you would use a round knockout, so if this way off just ignore it. These are what I use from Fibox, they can be used on any enclosure though you might have to add a spacer to the fixing screws.

Bryan

Bryan,

This website explains what an IR inspection window is: http://www.irinfo.org/articles/article_7_1_2006_robinson.html

You aren't off base, thanks for the info. Also, the only reason I mentioned a round knock out is that in a few of my cabinets, I only need to see a small area (couple of fuse indicators), and I figured a round knock-out based window might be easier to install and cheaper.
Thanks

Dan,
I haven't run through the arc-flash calculations for this panel, but I doubt it would be considered low power. Panel is fed 480V three phase from a 70A breaker. It is an electric oven.
Thanks

Brian