Controllogix LED's?

RPax

Hi, just a quick question on a ControlLogix processor as not over familiar with these. Was wondering if the OK LED on the processor module is contantly red does this mean it's "Knackered". Says in the manual to contact your local rockwell representive. Always worry when I hear this!.

Only using the processor to gather analogue data and sent to server via the ethernet but at moment this doesn't seem to be happening.

Mind you the run light is still on and have an ethernet module that still seems to be communicating from visual inspection. When I try to log on via the RS232 it can't communicate with Laptop. That said, have a consistent red light on this RS232 LED also. Appreciate any help. Thanks - Rpax

There are six LEDs on the front of a ControlLogix controller. If I read your post correctly they are showing as follows:

RUN Solid Green
I/O Off
FORCE Off
RS232 Solid Red
BAT OFF
OK Solid Red

Generally when you totally lose the program in a controller you have a solid red LED on the OK LED and nothing on the others; a solid green RUN LED and solid red RS232 sounds like a nonstandard fault.

Since the controller's not running, it can't hurt to pull it out of the rack to cycle power. I don't think it's completely knackered, just faulted.

Yeah thats the current light arrangement, will try re-cycling the power, thanks for the reply

Yeah, bottom line once you recycle the power you'll lose the Program but processor is still good. Thanks for help Ken