AB 1746-HSCE reset count

magicsmoke

How can I reset the count on a 1746-HSCE card? What does the first rung do? I thought it was suppose to reset the count but it didn't.

problem.JPG

Last edited:
Heres how to figure out what the first rung is doing... first pass bit means it will run once at power up thats it... and affect whatever is in slot 2

Publication 1747-RM001D-EN-P - November 2003
E-20 Data File Organization and Addressing

Addressing M0-M1 Files

The addressing format for M0 and M1 files is below:

Mf:e.s/b

Where

M = module

f = file type (0 or 1)

e = slot (1 to 30)

s = word (0 to max. supplied by module)

b = bit (0 to 15)

Restrictions on Using M0 and M1 Data File Addresses

M0 and M1 data file addresses can be used in all instructions except

the OSR instruction and the instruction parameters noted below:

Monitoring Bit Addresses

SLC 5/02 and Higher Processors with M0 and M1 Monitoring Disabled

When you monitor a ladder program in the run or test mode, the

following bit instructions, addressed to an M0 or M1 file, are indicated

as false regardless of their actual true/false logical state.

Table E.7 Instruction parameters not available for Use with M0 and M1 data File

Addresses

Instruction Parameter (uses file indicator #)

BSL, BSR File (bit array)

SQO, SQC, SQL File (sequencer file)

LFL, LFU LIFO (stack)

FFL, FFU FIFO (stack)

During the configuration of the module the "Reset Mode" bits (M0:e.1/5-7) need to be set to allow this "soft reset" to perform. Follow rsdoran's advice to review these settings. Depending on the bits the reset may also require a Limit Switch and/or a 'Z' signal from the encoder to become true also.

It is best to set this bit (assuming the setup mentioned allows it) and wait for I:e.0/12 to be come true (showing reset is TRUE) then reset the 'M' bit.

(e) is the installed slot of the module, in your case "2"