Can FlexLogix Support RS5000 ver16

bguinn

I have been told that AB is going to discontinue the FlexLogix series, and that FlexLOgix will not support RS5000 ver16. Does anyone know for sure that the flex will not support ver16?

I just created a project in version 16 and selected a flex logix. But I have heard that this is the last version that will support the flex logix platform. I do not know how true this is but I am sure I read it on an AB website.
Regards Alan

FlexLogixV16.GIF

FlexLogix turned out to be less popular than CompactLogix and the memory and chipsets used are just big enough to hold the v16 feature set. I think the decision was made to go with the CompactLogix family for the next generation of small controllers. You'll still be able to buy FlexLogix for several years.