Wincc Flexible Standard

FAGARCIA

Hello people I have a situation.
Wincc install on a desktop my graphic looks like this
graphic_GOOD.JPG

Wincc install on a laptop,the same graphic after I archive and retrive on laptop looks like this
graphic_bad.JPG

Both computers have the same resolution.
All settings that I can see are the same in wincc
Does anyone have any ideas?
I need to use the laptop for when going to site.
PS. even though it looks bad on laptop after I transfer to OP, guess what? it looks good. but it would be hard if I have to make modificatios.

thanks

Double check the font size as well. I know WinCC Flexible has problems with some font sizes. You can do some searching on Siemens web site. They have a FAQ about font sizes in WinCC Flexible

Maybe this is the font size you are talking about but just to be sure. Both computers needs to have normal and not extra big font size under settings for the display . Also check the advanced settings and make sure that they are the same.
Font.JPG

Last edited:
What is the difference between "Big Fonts" and "Small Fonts"?

Maybe this is the font size you are talking about but just to be sure. Both computers needs to have normal and not extra big font size under settings for the display . Also check the advanced settings and make sure that they are the same.

This is from the Siemens web site.

Configuration Notes:
The HMI software products WinCC, WinCC flexible and ProTool only support "Small Fonts" in the visualization. "Small Fonts" does not stand for small fonts, but designates the character size of the font chosen.

Basically you can differentiate "Big Fonts" and "Small Fonts".

"Small Fonts" are the traditional screen fonts like "Roman" (ROMAN.FON), with 95 or 192 displayable characters. For multilingual projects that require "Small Fonts", you must therefore set the language-dependent font for each language. Originally only the first 128 characters could be used, because 7 bits were used for the character coding. Today 8 bits are used in most of these fonts, thus resulting in up to 256 characters.

"Big Fonts" are TrueType or OpenType fonts like "Times New Roman"(TIMES.TTF) with 65276 characters that provide a character set in which several languages are coded in one font. The TrueType fonts are usually downwards compatible and contain the first 128 characters from the traditional ASCII character set.

Characteristics of the fonts and code in Windows:
File extensionExplorer icon/Icon for font selectionCodingMaximum character set"Big Fonts"TTF or OTF
icon_1.gif
or
icon_2.gif
Unicode65536"Small Fonts"FON or TTF
icon_3.gif
or
icon_1.gif
ASCII, Unicode (only the first 256 characters are used)256

Important:
Some new fonts that fall under the category of "Small Fonts" are designated with .TTF. These appear as TrueType, but only contains the first 128 or 256 characters and are language-dependent. An example for this type of font is "ProTool European", that has been developed by SIEMENS AG for display on HMI panels.

Such fonts are best identified in the character table supplied with WINDOWS. For this the table should be set to "Extended view" as in Figs. 01 and 02 to see the actual size of the font.

"Small Fonts" character table

( 40 KB )
Fig. 01 - Windows - Character table

The font is displayed as TrueType, but is in fact a "Small Font" as can be seen in the bottom line of the window. A two-digit hexadecimal code 0xDF is output for the coding. This means that characters of this font are coded with 8 bits, therefore maximum 256 characters as in the traditional ASCII code.

"Big Fonts" character table

( 37 KB )
Fig. 02 - Windows - Character table Unlike "Small Fonts", a four-digit hexadecimal code is output in the last line here. In addition it is marked with "U+". This character set can contain up to 65536 characters.