What di I need to program an AB MicroLogix 1000

R_Stone

I have an almost new AB MicroLogix 1000 1761-L32AWA that I pulled out of an abandoned system. I have a small system that I need to use it on. What do I need as far as software and cable to program this PLC? Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

R_Stone said:
I have an almost new AB MicroLogix 1000 1761-L32AWA that I pulled out of an abandoned system. I have a small system that I need to use it on. What do I need as far as software and cable to program this PLC? Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

RSLogix500 programming software 9324-RL0300ENE, and cable 1761-CBL-PM02

df1 or dh485 protocol depends on what you prefer.. or what was previously selected

If your using USB ports then you will need a decent usb adaptor the MT609-2 works good for me until you deal with DF1 or rs 485 in those cases use the 1747-UIC adaptor although if you have an Omron cs1w-cif31 from Omron that does work for the RS 232 connection. but not the RS 485.

Let's not overcomplicate. The MicroLogix 1000 virtually always uses DF1 Full Duplex protocol, so an ordinary 1761-CBL-PM02 cable will suffice. This is the programming cable that MicroLogix users have relied on for a decade; everyone who uses MicroLogix has one.

You can also use the "Starter" version of the programming software with MicroLogix controllers, which is about half the price of the Standard RSLogix 500 editor. The part number of the Starter software is 9324-RL0100ENE.

All you're giving up with Starter versus Standard is online editing, online cross-reference generation and a couple of other higher-end features. The MicroLogix 1000 doesn't support online editing anyway.

Ken Roach said:
Let's not overcomplicate. The MicroLogix 1000 virtually always uses DF1 Full Duplex protocol, so an ordinary 1761-CBL-PM02 cable will suffice. This is the programming cable that MicroLogix users have relied on for a decade; everyone who uses MicroLogix has one.

You can also use the "Starter" version of the programming software with MicroLogix controllers, which is about half the price of the Standard RSLogix 500 editor. The part number of the Starter software is 9324-RL0100ENE.

All you're giving up with Starter versus Standard is online editing, online cross-reference generation and a couple of other higher-end features. The MicroLogix 1000 doesn't support online editing anyway.

This is exactly what I needed to know. I appreciate those who want to point me towards some info and let me dig it out. To tell you the truth, I just don't have the time for that. I am not a student looking for homework answers, I am an overworked and underpaid plant engineer with several ongoing projects, and I appreciate all the help I can get.

Our main platform here is Siemens so I cannot justify the software cost for doing one project. The RSLogix starter package is $560.00 and AB wants $60.80 for their cable. Actually the Micrologix would be overkill in this situation. I really need something like the AB Pico series. I went ahead and ordered a Siemens Logo which is 8 in and 4 out. It comes with the cable and software for $230.00. Hard to beat that. I guess we will just sell the Micrologix on Ebay. Thanks all.

Robert