Panelbuilder32 conversion to RSVIEW ME

Coops

Hi guys,

Few questions for you, ive done panelbuilder 32 for a long time now and had no problems with it but recenlty ive been asked to upload an existing PV900 and convert it into a PV1000+. So I went and got RSView ME and then clicked IMPORT to find it had errors converting. Ive sorted most of the problems out but one thing that is confusing me is the tag address. The PLC is a 5/40 on RIO and im doing all the work off site so I cant look at the comms.

So my question is how do the tags work...is this correct if my device shortcut (rslinx enterprise) is called PLC_RIO and i have an address of N7:1 then my address for the tag is :
[PLC_RIO]N7:1,L5
Just thought i'd check before i convert the other couple of thousand tags that have converted wrong.

The other thing would be this rslinx enterprise....can you just confirm if i'm right....ive added a shortcut called 'PLC_RIO' and when i go to site i plan to go online and add the plc as 'a new device' of this shortcut. This should then work?

Thanks alot fellas.

Ok, what about an array tag for alarms.
the manual says to put it in like:
{::[PLC_RIO]N7:0,L5}
do i need to put the { } in the tag address???

Thx alot fellas, just got to sort the comms out on site and hopefully it should all work as before.

Lol thxs!