Setting and SAVING date/time TP170-B

Ddjong

Hello,

Does anybody know how I can save the changed date of a Siemens TP170-b
so that when I put the power on again its is still the date and time

Greats,

Dennis

Dennis,

as far as I know, the TP170B has no on-board real-time clock. You have to get the date and time from one of the connected PLC's. Since these do have on-board real-time clocks, they keep track of time, even when they're shut down.

Kind regards,

Hoi,

Ik neem aan dat je ook nederlans begrijpt is voor mij een stuk makkelijker!
De TP170-A heeft geen systeem clock maar de B juist wel daar hebben we hem voor gekocht alleen kunnen we hem niet wijzigen en de spanning eraf halen en dat hij dan met de ingestelde waarde blijft werken want als je de spanning er weer opsteld komt hij weer met de default waarde en begint vanaf daar wee te tellen.

Groeten,

Dennis

Hello 1
I don't know if jvdcande is right with his comments if he is then this only works for other panels.
You can add a standard screen from the library where the time settings are already included.
Or you can add a function under a button.
Select from the list the Date and Time function and add it..

Last edited:
Hello!
I tested with protool, in tp 170-b you don't have a standard function for that. But you could try to add a input field and then you select
the Display as Date/ and/or time..it should work

Hello,

Yes i can change it that isn't the problem the problem is when i take of the power the changed date isn't stored so when i put the power on again the is default again so how do I change the deafault value si when I start the date is ok!

Greats,

Dennis

I am assuming you are using a Siemens PLC attached to the TP170b. There is no clock in the TP170b, but it can read the clock in the Siemens PLC or any other MFg that is connected. The 170b has drivers for most mfg PLC's other than Siemens. If you are using a S7314c or higher, the time is kept in the "Super Cap". if less tha (313 or 312) you wil;l have to write a function to store it in a Data Block, which is backed up on the MMC card. I have attached the Clock function for a TP170b and a S7-314c.

Hello,

Thank you all,
But the 170B does have a clock believe me, when you start it you can set it in the system screen just like a normal computer check and see it!
There is even an editfield you can make where you can select if you want to display the system clock!
The only problem is I can't change it permanently.

Greats

Dennis

The TP170B does have a clock, the problem is that it doesn't have a means to backup the clock when there's a power outage (no battery). If you need it to maintain the date/time you'll have to use the PLC's clock as suggested by RRobbins.

Dennis,

ik begrijp Nederlands, maar dit is een mondiale site, dus gebruik ik Engels, dan kan iedereen volgen.

I do have a TP170B (6AV6 545-0BC15-2AX0), but I only knew about the possibility to set a date and a time format. Maybe you have a more recent version.

I don't see the use of a real-time clock if there is no battery backup. After all, in that case, power out means clock is dead. That's the reason I use the clock from the PLC as suggested by RRobbins.

hello!
this is what siemens says about the panel clock:
Backup battery
No
Clock
Software clock, synchronized

So there is no clock !

Read the protool (v.6.0) help under "time display", choose example there is an example how to syncronize the time for tp 170 A

S7-200

Hello Mister RRobbins,

Thank you very much for the example this example is for a S7-300/400 I have to use a 200 maybey you have an example of that too?

With kind regards,

Dennis

Both the TP170B and the OP170B have an internal clock !
It is the TP170A that does not have an internal clock.

I am using the internal clock in my OP170B and it works fine, all the alarms gets time-stamped with the correct time and date.
The clock retains itself even after a power-failure. I don't know if it needs a backup battery, or if it is backed up by a capacitor for a limited time (would be nice to know actually).

Here is how to set up an input field in Protool for time and clock:
Select Insert..Date/Time,
then specify Field Type..Allow Edit = yes.
and specify Data Source = System Time.

This is totally independent on the connected PLC.