problem with rslinx recognizing slc 500 5/01 processor

pct_jimmy

I am learning PLCs and have a setup at work with a slc 5/01 processor. I am using a 1747-pic module and in rslinx node 0 is found. The problem is that it does not find my processor, any suggestions would be appreciated

So you have the 1747 PIC/AIC driver loaded and it's running without errors?

The Autobrowse box is checked in Linx?

If you are often switching between the DF1 driver, and the PIC driver, a good thing to do is close linx and delete the serial port from the device manager. Then scan for new hardware and windows will install it again. Then restart Linx. If you are using XP, you should see a screen that warns you that the driver is not a certified MS driver (in which you have to select "continue anyway").

The autobrowse is checked. running win 98. tried removing serial and reinstalling. get a diagnostic status failed 0x4 in rslogix. have also seen no response from processor at path/node.

Make sure that its (RSLinx) is not running as a service,

Go to RSLinx launch control panel and uncheck the box if its check, then close/shut down the application, then restart as a app

It may help, but I dont think you can run it as a service for a PIC

check DH485 driver and try both baud rates.

communications > rswho after changing the baud rate and cable connected to the processor.

my last WAG... (for the night)

Have you EVER communicated with this CPU? can you reset the processor and start from scratch? could the com port be configured for some other communication? if this is the case you will not be able to talk to it or see it.

have tried two different processors (both 5/01, mainly becaude thats all we have left available in the shop) and cant connect with either one. had one connected several months ago. i think i am just overlooking some small detail.

The com port is set in RSLinx to match the one your are using on your computer? The settings in RSLinx should also match the computers port settings.

Even though you stated running W98, do you have a built-in serial port, the PIC will not work with a USB/PCMCIA to serial adapter.

On my 98 box I have not upgraded, still running 5.00.00 with Linx 2.30.