Pepperl & Fuchs Profibus Remote I/O Slave Addressing

martinAPD

Hello, I’m hoping someone might be able to help me or at least point me in the right direction.

I have 4 Pepperl & Fuchs LB Remote I/O racks connected to a Mitsubishi Q-Series PLC on Profibus. The racks have various digital and analogue inputs/output connected. The remote I/O is connected onto the Profibus via a LB8106 Gateway unit, which talks to the PLC Profibus Master Card which is a QJ71PB92V.

The LB8106 unit (which has a default Slave address of 126) should be given a unique Slave address from the Master Card. Unfortunately the Mitsubishi card doesn’t support this so the Slave address must be set manually using some software supplied by P&F. This is called the RIO Admin Tool.

The RIO software connects to the LB8106 Gateway via a RS232 to RS485 converter and then onto the Service Bus on the main Remote I/O Rack, where the LB8106 unit is physically located. In this case I’m using an Amplicon 485F9 Module. Which I believe to be a pretty generic 232-485 converter.

I’ve tried many different configurations of wiring the 485F9 module, with no success at changing the default address of the LB Unit.

If anyone has had any experience of setting Profibus Slave address using this method and can give me any advice that would be great. If anyone needs any more info from me, please let me know.

Cheers

MartinAPD

Old Post...same problem

I am struggling with this very same issue....Ha ve the software, but no luck in changing the configuration address.

Anyone.....?......Anyone.....?.....Bueller.....?

In the end I had to purchase a newer RS232-RS485 Converter. I think this was because the one I was using was pretty old. After speaking to P&F they recommended using an ICPCON i7561. This is actually a USB to RS232/422/485 converter.

I connected the i7561 device to my laptop, opened the RIO Admin Tool and picked up the correct Comm Port it was assigned to. Now when I connected to the LB unit using the Service Bus on the Rack the "Current" field is populated with data, and I can change the PB Address to whatever I want.

Hope this helps

Thank you sir for the reply.
My experience was the same. We actually tried 2 different converters and had to find the exact configuration (no echo).
It seems that our problem, was we needed to wipe all previous serial drivers off of the laptop we used in order to work.
In addition, though I can't be certain it was related.....We could only get in with a 32 bit laptop. There were enough variables in our attempts that maybe the 32 vs. 64 bit was not a factor but it is a suspicion.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hello,

I am with the same problem. I have the ICPCON i7561, but I don't have de RIO admin Tool for change the profibus address. Anyone have the RIO admin tool software, please? Anyone?