RSLogix 5000, Emulate & RSView Studio

crazylizz

Hey guys,
I am currently using RSLogix 5000, RSLogix Emulate 5000, and RSViewStudio ME, and I have few questions.

My goal:
Be able to sync the HMI display "Test Application" with the PLC Program via the emulator.

What I have accomplished so far:
The ability to read all my tags from the emulator (and thus the PLC program) with no problem. I can update the PLC program while in Remote/Run mode, and it will update my tags inside my Test Application -i.e. I change a Boolean Tag value from 0 to 1, and the indicator will change in the Test Application.

This tells me that I have no problems communicating PLC->HMI.

Now part of purpose of the screen is to be able to cycle a arrays via a counter in the PLC program. I am unable as of yet to perform this task -i.e. push a button on the HMI, and have the counter change in the PLC program. Which would mean I am having problems communicating HMI->PLC correct?

What sort of simple things am I overlooking here?
I've tried the search button, but nobody has seemed to ask this (or if they have I haven't found the proper answer yet)

I cannot thank everybody enough for the help that you have given me in the past, and hopefully now as well.

I will more than likely have additional questions to this as well in the future.

Thanks

-crazy

crazylizz said:
Hey guys,
I am currently using RSLogix 5000, RSLogix Emulate 5000, and RSViewStudio ME, and I have few questions.

My goal:
Be able to sync the HMI display "Test Application" with the PLC Program via the emulator.

What I have accomplished so far:
The ability to read all my tags from the emulator (and thus the PLC program) with no problem. I can update the PLC program while in Remote/Run mode, and it will update my tags inside my Test Application -i.e. I change a Boolean Tag value from 0 to 1, and the indicator will change in the Test Application.

This tells me that I have no problems communicating PLC->HMI.

Now part of purpose of the screen is to be able to cycle a arrays via a counter in the PLC program. I am unable as of yet to perform this task -i.e. push a button on the HMI, and have the counter change in the PLC program. Which would mean I am having problems communicating HMI->PLC correct?

What sort of simple things am I overlooking here?
I've tried the search button, but nobody has seemed to ask this (or if they have I haven't found the proper answer yet)

I cannot thank everybody enough for the help that you have given me in the past, and hopefully now as well.

I will more than likely have additional questions to this as well in the future.

Thanks

-crazy

I had the same issue about a year ago

This post details how I resolved it

Ian

Ian,

Thank you VERY VERY much.

I did a little bit more troubleshooting on top of that...
Just a little oversight I had made in combination with this, I sorta forgot to switch to run mode. *doh* Hope it was just a noob mistake.

I'm fresh meat right outta school, so it wasn't looking too good on my end here at work when I couldn't perform.

Thanks once again, this definately help me get back in the good books ;)

Joe