Siemens S7 SCL Compare Utility

Imi'ike

Is it possible to compare functions or source files within the SCL editor? I could not find such a utility or tool. If there is such a tool, can you tell me where to find it? If there is no such tool, how do you compare files?

In my case, another programmer made a change to one of our functions. This change actually made the operation worse, so I would like to modify it some more. Since he is not here for a few days, I would like to make the change myself. The easiest way to find where he modified the code is to compare an older version to the current version.

As far as I know the only compare utility in STEP7 compares compiled blocks in different projects, or compares blocks offline and online. There is no in-built facility for comparing a source file with another source file. And there is certainly no way of comparing a source file with a compiled block.

However, since each SCL source file is just an ASCII text file, there are many ASCII text editors with the facility to do line-by-line comparisons and identify changes.

regards

Ken

Thanks guys. I was just hoping that I missed it, but I did end up using an external editor. It just seems a shame that you have to use an external editor to make comparisons.