OT - VFDs and OPC communications

Norml

Hi all. We have a customer looking to add some VFDs to a HVAC control system and they are requesting that all equipment be OPC compliant. We normally use Toshiba drives with the ETH200 module from ICC for Ethernet/IP comms (not OPC). Does anyone know of such an animal? Thanks.

It is only PC software that can be "OPC compliant", and it has to work on a Microsoft Windows PC.
Field devices such as i/o blocks, sensors and VFDs can be compatible with a bus standard such as Ethernet/IP.
You need to find an OPC server that can directly access field devices via Ethernet/IP.

Thanks JesperMP. You cleared up some of the confusion on our end. I even went to an OPC seminar and I'm still scratching my head.

Similar Topics

This is a little OT, but I know there are some experts here on the forum with the relevant experience. I have a project that expects a very long...
Replies
Views
This is a little OT, but I know there are some experts here on the forum with the relevant experience. I have a project that expects a very long...
Replies
Views
I have a project where the customer specs will not allow the use of the VFD's STO safety function. They demand dual safety contactors in front of...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I need your help. The client has 3 vfds. My colleague noticed that when they ran them simultaneously, the vfds were having analog...
Replies
Views
Greetings experts, Can current transformers be used on the incoming mains (480, 3P) of a machine that has regenerative VFD's? Current...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom