RSViewME Parameters

bbopn

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm currently working on a project for a client that requires me to convert standarized templates that were created in RSViewSE Stand Alone to RSViewME. This has been challenging duplicating the GFX since SE will not convert to ME, but I am making headway. The problem I'm encountering is passing parameters to the "canned" faceplates. See pic below for explaination.

1491713816_f33a469158_o.jpg

Currently I have a transparent Goto display button on the Analog Indicator on the right of the picture above. When someone presses the indicator it opens the Analog Faceplate (Middle). If someone has the security the Goto display button "..." will be visable and when pressed will open the Analog Configuration Faceplate (Left).

Currently I'm looking at 200-300 Analog Inputs alone and every one will have to have this functionality.

I can recycle the Analog Faceplate by using the Parameters file to pass values in a placeholder. My question is how do I pass that initial parameter along to the Analog Configuration Faceplate. In other words, I can get one level of parameters to pass along to the first faceplate fine and dandy, but trying to figure out how to pass parameters along to the second faceplate is leaving me stumped. The thought of having to generate unique Analog Faceplates for every input is taunting.

If you can offer up some help or advice, you'd make my day!

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

Hmmmmmm... well lack of response probably means I'm going to be generating a lot of faceplates.

Uhhh.. Ouch.
Well, the very first thought that comes to my mind, is make up a screen with all of those elements on it, and make it fully parameterized.

Then, instead of trying to open a 'sub-parameterized' display, just toggle the visability of the analog and config faceplates.

rdrast said:
Uhhh.. Ouch.
Well, the very first thought that comes to my mind, is make up a screen with all of those elements on it, and make it fully parameterized.

Then, instead of trying to open a 'sub-parameterized' display, just toggle the visability of the analog and config faceplates.

Thanks for your suggestion! I ended up developing a "flat screen" with visibility toggles on the other elements. Other than a lot of empty space until the other elements are visible, it worked out great. I sure wish ME had "touch" visibility!

Thanks again!
Bobby