S5 communication problem

foxninja

Hi,

We have an S5 plc with cpu 944B and CP535 communication processor.CPU has EEPROM and CP535 has an EPROM.Everytime we download our back up program from our PG, 0 blocks transferred appears at the PG screen.So we pull out the EEPROM and download the program and from there the program was downloaded.We put back the EEPROM and run our plc.Now, our problem is we cannot read any message in our control console when we activate any command button just like a SAFE STOP button in our machine.Normally it sends message to our console monitor when we press SAFE STOP button at our machine.What could possibly be our problem?We checked already our cpu, cp, ethernet bus, 3com and it is working.The only thing we did replace was the EPROM because it was corrupted.When we replaced the EPROM,of course with a program in it and our plc is in run mode,still we have no communication between our machine and the plc.Also where can we find a COM 535 software english version wherein we can read and transfer programs of EPROM? PLs help..thanks.

Last edited:
The problem is probably not in the 535 as this is in eprom & probably not at fault.
if it is then your only hope is to blow another eprom or with com535 download to a ram card installed in 535 for testing purposes.
The other possibillity is that Datablocks are being used with fixed values in them for communications, it could be possible that the data is incorrect.
Many companies use the 535 comms but use their own code to transfer messages via buffers to the plc.
Can't remember now what the led status is on 535 but if ok then it probably has sycronised, If I remember correctly the led will be on when in fault or not syncronised & go off when syc completed.
Check the code to see if the send/receive blocks use DB's for parameterisation.

s5 communication problem

Yes they used DB's for send/receive.How can we know if that DB's are correct or incorrect?Then, can you help me find or send us COM535 v3.2 software english version to read/transfer program for EPROM?
Many thanks.