humidity sensor for plc HELP!!

titoyabril

we are going to be integrating a new set of controls using the direct logic 205 platform. Please, i need some help in selecting a good, reliable humidity sensor which is compatible. Analog preffered.
need something under $400 preferably with a +-5%.

Last edited:
What kind of humidity? Relative humidity (RH)? Dewpoint? absolute humidity?

There are HVAC relative humidity sensors for well less than $400. Dewpoint is usually twice that or more. In a nutshell, RH varies drastically with temperature, Dewpoint varies drastically with pressure.

Industrial RH is typically higher temperature rated and somewhat easier to calibrate, since a lot of industrial RH needs periodic calibration, whereas HVAC is installed and forgotten.

I use Rotronics, F series for HVAC, hygroclip for industrial RH. If it's EXP, then Honeywell. Honeywell dewpoint is a no-no (doesn't work).

Everything I've used is 2 wire, loop powered with an external 24Vdc power supply.

Dan