Panelview 550 problem to download application

Hi.

I have a panelview 550 with a RIO port and RS-232 print port.

I can't download my application by RS-232 port using Panel Builder 3.82. I can see my panelview on RSLinx using DF1 driver.

When I discharge my application, appear the next message:

Error 4091- Application file is for an incompatible communication type.

I know that can upload/download applications by RS-232 print port.

On the menu Communication Setup in the Panelview, only appear RIO Configuration.

Is possible that my panelview only be programming by RIO Port??

Thanks.

Is this an existing application that worked (at some point)?

You have stumbled upon one of the most complicated setup's of HMI's in AB history. If you really don't know much about RIO, then you will need to do a bit of reading....You need to know a lot about Block Transfers and racks, so on..

If not, then check that you have picked the correct panel type in your setup of the Panelbuilder software. With the AB550's, there were quite a few, but if you have the RIO version....then prepare.

Are you sure it is RIO and not DH+?

If you supply the PV model no, then we can guide you further...

What SNK is eluding to is known as RIO passthrough.

You must be very sure of the rack layout of the system before you attempt this. I have done it many times without problems, but have an integrator buddy who says he wiped out a PLC5 CPU once when performing a download via RIO.

Since you can see the panelview in your RSLinx driver, i suspect that the serial port is already configured correctly, and you have some error in your application settings. Unless you are looking at it through the serial port of the PLC over the backplane...

You must understand that when you download over RIO, you must use the existing panel's rack configuration in the download setup. If the new application has a different rack setting, it will not be applied until the download completes and the panelview restarts.

Definitely back up the PLC before you start, and don't do it with the machine running, just to be on the safe side. Like I said i have not had any problems, but others reportedly have, and if you have a rack address conflict in the new application, there could be serious problems.

Also, once done, if the tag database is different in the new app, you will be required to edit the BTR/BTW (if used) in the PLC...

Yes, as SNK stated, this can be a hairy subject...hopefully, you can use the serial port and avoid some of the complications...that is if you are only using direct I/O in your tags and no BTR/BTW...

PanelView Commandment #1: Post the Part Number

Yes, you can download to this PanelView over the RS-232 connection. You have the PanelView configured correctly to do so, and you have RSLinx configured correctly to do so.

The error message is accurate:

Error 4091- Application file is for an incompatible communication type.

The application file you have created is made for a PanelView with a different communications option than the PanelView that you actually have.

You might have DH+ and the application is for RIO.
You might have DH485 and the application is for DH+.
You might have RIO and the application is for ControlNet.

Et cetera.

Post the exact 2711-x5Ax part number for the PanelView that you actually have.

In PanelBuilder32, go to the Application Settings, then the Terminal Setup tab. This is where you designate which type of terminal you are creating a configuration for. It MUST match the actual hardware you will load this application onto.