Importing data block (DB) in Step7?

robertcer

Hi!
Does anybody know how can I import tags in Step7 from data block (DB) into a file? I want to use these tags from DB in WinCC flexible, without defining them in WinCC from the begining (like configuring the address... I just want to import them directly into WinCC) ??!

You can generate source code for the DB and then export the source to a text file - will this help ?

It is far easier than you think.
You have to integrate the WinCC Flexible project in the same STEP7 project as the S7 PLC. And the online connection must be specified by pointing from the WinCC Flexible project to the STEP7 project.
In WinCC Flexible, you can then pick all symbols and DBs from the S7 project. If the symbols change in the S7 project, they automatically update in the WinCC Flexible project.

If the HMI is a panel:
Define the online connection by browsing for and selecting the S7 PLC. Do not define the parameters manually (station no, rack, slot).

If the HMI is a PC RT:
You will have to setup the WinCC Flexible HMI as a "PC Station" with the online hardware defined correctly (Ethernet or CP card).
When that is OK, you use the same method as for a panel.

As a sidenote, you can also achieve to have OPC symbols in the same way. But that is not what you need.

Another way is to print out the DB from the data view, using the generic printer driver, landscape, A2 format (you will get a prn file). Then import the data into a spreadsheet and run some formulas to generate your import file. Or, you could run the prn file through SQL and do it that way (I prefer this method, since I can add rules to my query to customise the final tag file).

May be took place a misunderstanding here...

What did you mean: "import tags in Step7 from data block (DB) into a file"?

Did you want read all values of a DB to a file? Say, periodically.

Last edited: