DP master-slave configuration???

robertcer

Hi!
Does anybody know how can I configure master- slave communication betweenn CPU315-2DP and Saacke controller? CPU315-2DP is master and saacke controller is slave... I installed a GSD file in hardware configuration and import saacke controller into hardware configuraiton... But now, I have a problem with address assigments... I want to read some datas from Saacke and move it into a memory word for example... But in properties of DP-slave I only have input and output type which I don't know to set up... Can somebody help me?

What is a "saacke controller" ?

Is it something where you physically installs modules, like in an i/o rack ?
In that case you should insert i/o modules in the HW configuration so it looks exactly as in real life.

Or is it something where you setup the communication in software ?
In that case you should study the documentation of the device.
As it is possible to have different setups, you should mirror the HW configuration in STEP7 with the software configuration of the other device.

It is a contoller for industry burner, which control the burner, and my PLC(CPU315-2dp) should communicate with that controller, and share some memory location. I have a gsd file of saacke, which I installed in hardware configuration, and I also have a list of addresses of process values from saacke, but I want to move them into a memory location in my PLC. I connected PLC and saacke via profibus...

First:
Depending on which Input and Output adresses you have selected for the Saacke DP slave, they can be accessible via the proces image (I/Q, I20.0 or IW22 for example) or they can be accessible via direct peripheral access (PI/PQ, PI300.0 or PQW320 for example). In an S7-315, the adresses up to I255 and Q255 are within the proces image.

If the adresses lie outside the proces image (PI/PQ) and there are 4 bytes or less in each direction, then copy the all 4 bytes in each direction in one go to some temporary adress.

example:
L PID 300
T MD 300
L MD 304
T PQD 300
all the variables will then be in the memory location M300 - M307.7, and you can use these variables elsewhere i the program.

Another case is if there are more than 4 bytes, and all the data has to transferred consistently. In that case you have to use the blocks SFC14 DPRD_DAT and SFC15 DPWR_DAT.

Next chapter:
Is the number of input and output words in the Saacke controller fixed or configurable ?
If fixed, then you simply have to study the documentation to know what each address does.
If configurable, you have to decide which variables shall be transferred, and in which words.
Then make the same configuration in the S7 configuration and the saacke controller.

Words are fixed. But I can't see them in step7... I think I should see them in hardware configuration, because I installed GSD file, which I think includes symbols of saacke... Am i right?

If the number i/o words are fixed, then you should be able to specify which adresses to use in the S7 PLC, and that is all.

Try to post a screenshot of the HW config.

I dont think that there will be any symbols imported into STEP7 from importing the GSD file.

edit:
You can also zip and post the GSD file. Then I can take a look at it.