OT: Infrared remote/receiver

dmroeder

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anybody have any recommendations on an industrial infrared remote/receiver?

We have a piece of equipment that has basically 4 functions that are initiated by a fork lift driver (3 different cycles and a stop) and we would like to set it up so that he can operate it from a fork lift.

We were set on IR as opposed to RF because we want him to be next to be within sight of the machine while operating it.

Our control voltage is 24vdc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would be interested in learning more about this also. Of particular interest to me would be precautions to prevent other IR sources (including another transmitter) from erroneously starting this equipment.

Dan Bentler

Thanks John,

I actually just talked to those guys about an hour ago. They are supposed to be sending me a quote. $2600 is pretty steep, but I guess that's how it goes when you add the word 'industrial'.