Modicon Premium Input fluctuation

plcsoftvsd

Hi Gurus,

I am using Modicon Premium PLC for our RO plants and today i noticed that inspite of input( 24vdc) is present on the card, the corresponding LED is blinking and causing the plant to trip.

Now, to to avoid this what is the better option to reprogram and use a spare input available on the card, or to change the card.

I notice all LED's of this Input card are dimmer than the other input cards.

Any thoughts..

If I had a spare, I would replace the card. I never want to change a program until I have no other choice.

Just a silly question, you dont maybe have a short on the input???
Re-adressing 1 input in the software is a simple sollution. Why waste a whole card if there might just be a fault on that single input?