Running a Recipe for a certain time?

Lyle

Can anyone help me on how to run a recipe for a certain time and is it possible to push a button to stop a recipe while it is still running. Thanks

I'd say you have few options:
- RTFM
- ask the suplier/integrator
- press TF button - you may waste few bucks but you will learn.
But never ask us in such a manner, as we do not know what system you have down there and what kind of recipes you use.

I'm not sure what you mean by stop running. However you should be able to load a different recipe by loading the recipe number.

Is this WinCC Flexible or WinCC?

No.I meant stop a recipe from running.I now realise that it is not possible.Will it be possibe to start a recipe by a push button and not the HMI?

Depends on how your recipes are setup. You might consider a null recipe (all parameters of the recipe = 0) which you load with your PB press. Time the recipe duration with a timer initiated by comparing the current recipe number with a constant and loading the null recipe when timer completes.

When you config the recipe viewer you can put in a tag for the current recipe #. If you set a number to this tag it will load that recipe number. Then you can have the input setup as a tag and on change of that input you can set the recipe number you want to load

This again depends on how the recipes are setup. If they are in the plc then this should be trivial. If they are stored in the OIT then you need to give a lot more detail or consult the programmer who originally did the work. Sorry I can't be more specific. Look at how the recipes are loaded now, expanding the selection process to incorporate a virtual pb may require some local storage in the OIT with appropriate scripting.