Overlap Trends in ViewSE

kurt.brinker

Right now i trend our reactor rooms setpoint (on change) and the temperature (every second) I want to overlap the two tends so i can get an idea on how long it takes the room to reach setpoint and see how well the pid is maintaining setpoint. I am reading about snapshots right now but i haven't used them before.

In RSview32, you would simply starte a new trend (or edit an old trend), then in the GFX graphics file, Right-click on the trend chart, select "Edit Trend", then click on "Pen Configuration". Now you can add or edit the tags that you want on this trend chart, from 1 to 16 different tags. I have found that 4 parameters is the practical limit for different values on the same trend page. You can set the maximum and minimun range for each "pen" or use the tags default max and min. Under "Trend Configuration", set the number of major divisions for the horizontal (time) axis and the vertical (tag value) axis of the trend chart.

Lancie1 said:
In RSview32, you would simply starte a new trend (or edit an old trend), then in the GFX graphics file, Right-click on the trend chart, select "Edit Trend", then click on "Pen Configuration". Now you can add or edit the tags that you want on this trend chart, from 1 to 16 different tags. I have found that 4 parameters is the practical limit for different values on the same trend page. You can set the maximum and minimun range for each "pen" or use the tags default max and min. Under "Trend Configuration", set the number of major divisions for the horizontal (time) axis and the vertical (tag value) axis of the trend chart.

I'm using View SE and the way i found to be the easiest was to just create a trend with two pens and set it as non-isolated. This lets them overlap and gives me basically what i need. If i want them all on one page then i can just have 4 trends on one page instead of 8 pens on one trend. Thanks for the help.