Kepserver Addressing

J.P.

I am trying to enter tag info. for a scada project. Can someone give me an example of the "tag properties" entry. I am trying to put the acc. for a counter(c5:13.acc) in the tag address and it gives me a syntax error.

The Kepware driver has some good help, I have not tried counters before, check in driver help.
One thing I have noticed you may need to get the right number of zero's in the address.
Also are you configuring the tags in kepware or in your scada app.
You don't need to have them in kepware.
All you need is a channel setting up.
I.e. if you use the default.
Channel1 & Device1 then the tag becomes
Channel1.Device1.D0003 in the scada, I'm using mitsubishi in this example as I'm currently configuring a scada project with over 10,000 Tags.

I'm guessing that you're using an AB PLC. From Kepware's docs the ACC is a word, short that is read/writeable. It expects the following format:
C<file>:<element>.<field>

So, C5:13.ACC is the valid address path for the accumlator of the 13th counter in file 5. Please verify your PLC type. Do you have other tags that work for that PLC?

J.P. said:
I am trying to enter tag info. for a scada project. Can someone give me an example of the "tag properties" entry. I am trying to put the acc. for a counter(c5:13.acc) in the tag address and it gives me a syntax error.

parky and suferb are both correct but you need to combine the two post.

Your addressing is correct for the PLC (AB) but you need to point it to your PLC, you need the channel and device then your addressing would be correct.

I'm at home today but I can give you more detail tomorrow if needed

BTW what is the SCADA software you are using? is it over the Ethernet? or direct connect?