RSView32:Graphic Properties manipulations with VBA

purduman

I have in the past been able to configure a Text's Caption Property during runtime in RSView SE using VBA, and am trying to do the same with RSView32 (7.0). For some reason I am having problems getting the script correct. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks in advanced!

Saying, "I can't get a script correct, what are your suggestions" might as well be, "I don't feel good, what should I take"?

Include your script, or at least the relevant lines of code and describe the error condition. Help us help you.

purduman said:
I have in the past been able to configure a Text's Caption Property during runtime in RSView SE using VBA, and am trying to do the same with RSView32 (7.0). For some reason I am having problems getting the script correct. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks in advanced!

The script I have used in RSView Studio has been:

Dim oDisplay As DisplayClient.Display
Dim oText As DisplayClient.Text

Set oDisplay = Me
Set oText = oDisplay.FindElement("Text") oText.Caption = "My Text to Change to"

Set oText = Nothing
Set oDisplay = Nothing

VBA in RSView Studio is designed per Graphic. I assume that is why the Set oDisplay = Me works. In RSView32 VBA is per project. I need to assign oDisplay to the specific graphic, which I am having problems with.
Hope this makes sense. Thanks again.

I assume you have a line break between "Set oText =" and "oText.Caption=".

I suspect the problem may be with the "Set oDisplay = Me" line. I don't doubt that oDisplay is being set to a VBA form. The trick is getting it set to the correct one? Can you step through the code or use the Cntl+Space shortcut as you're typing "oDisplay." to list the properties. It's probably something like oDisplay=Me.FindGraphic("myWindow").

purduman said:
The script I have used in RSView Studio has been:

Dim oDisplay As DisplayClient.Display
Dim oText As DisplayClient.Text

Set oDisplay = Me
Set oText = oDisplay.FindElement("Text") oText.Caption = "My Text to Change to"

Set oText = Nothing
Set oDisplay = Nothing

VBA in RSView Studio is designed per Graphic. I assume that is why the Set oDisplay = Me works. In RSView32 VBA is per project. I need to assign oDisplay to the specific graphic, which I am having problems with.
Hope this makes sense. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I suppose I can just use a ActiveX Control (Microsoft Forms 2.0 Label) and assign a tag to the Caption property. I want to avoid doing this, though, to minimize tag usage.

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to know where the RSView SE scripting docs are available online would you? Please see other edit about looking into the object model.

It shouldn't be that hard - just need to find a good reference or example code. All we need to do is find out how you reference the graphic in the object model. It should only be 1 level deep.

I want to do exactly the same thing in RSView32. I cant seem to locate the Displays in the Object model. How can i get a handle on a display in Runtime in RSview32????