executing fault code in compactlogix

bradal

I need to set a bit high in my logic when the plc fails. I have tried the GSV function for CONTROLLERDEVICE and used bits 6 and 4. This does not seem to be working for me. Bit 4 does not seem to change state when I disconnect I/O and it faults.

Any ideas?

The compact logix does not fault when a minor error occurs. You can write a fault routine to handle these if you want (see documentation about fault routines) and set whatever tag you choose to define and name as you please in the fault handler routine.

When a major fault occurs the program stops executing completely, so setting a fault bit in your logic doesn't accomplish anything because the instructions are not being processed.

Similar Topics

I have a GE 90-30 that is in run mode (run LED on) but the logic does not seem to execute. When online, I can see Inputs turning on and off but...
Replies
Views
Hello All, First time using Schneider M221 with eco structure machine expert basic v12. Downloaded simple project in to controller without any...
Replies
Views
Hello, we have a smart guard 600 controller, every time we have a power loss to the system, upon start up we have to connect with our laptops and...
Replies
Views
It appears to me that Logix is improperly executing sheets of an AOI in sequential scans instead of the same scan as the main program. To test...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I'm new at PLC programming, but good a logic - so I thought. I've inherited a PLC system, which is presently operating in the field...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom